The American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology (ASCP) recognizes that the vitality and success of most endeavors in medicine is directly related to the ability to attract and maintain a talented pool of clinical investigators. The ASCP Steering Committee is seeking applicants for the New Investigator Award (NIA) Program.
The New Investigators will be recognized at the 2021 ASCP Annual Meeting in Miami Beach, Florida at the Loews Miami Beach on June 1-4, 2021. The goals of the program are to expose awardees to the breadth of opportunities available to clinical researchers, introduce them to potential senior investigators from other institutions, and facilitate the establishment of a national peer group for the New Investigators.
There are five components to this unique program:
- A full-day closed workshop led by experts from NIMH, NIDA, NIAAA, FDA, academia, and industry at the Loews Miami Beach in Miami Beach, Florida on Monday, May 31, 2021.
- An opportunity to present a poster or individual research report at the ASCP Annual Meeting.
- Breakfast round tables to interact with meeting mentors and NIAs.
- A special Award Ceremony with an opportunity to informally meet leaders in the field.
- Mentor from the new investigator’s field of interest to guide them through the meeting.
Who Should Apply
This program is specifically designed for individuals who are new to the field and have not been the Principal Investigator on an R01 grant. Psychiatric residents and fellows, psychology interns, graduate and medical students, post doctoral fellows, pharmacists, nurses, and social workers who have a special interest in clinical intervention research and/or translational research should submit online at www.ASCPMeeting.org. Any established investigator may nominate individuals for the NIA Program.
Selected awardees will receive a travel/lodging stipend and a certificate acknowledging their participation in the program.
Abstracts not selected for the New Investigator Award Program may be considered for general poster presentations without resubmitting.