The 2015 meeting included representatives from academia, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), European regulatory agencies and industry to discuss key aspects of neuropsychiatric drug development, including the impact of diagnostic changes and personalized interventions based on biomarkers or genetic information. A Steering Committee chaired by Drs. Husseini Manji and Michael Thase with representation of the sectors that are part of the ASCP community led the direction of the meeting. Representatives from the FDA, EMA, NIMH, NIDA, NIAAA, the pharmaceutical industry and academia comprise the 2015 Steering Committee. A Program Committee under the leadership of Drs. Holly Swartz and Alan Gelenberg were responsible for review of all program submissions.
The Program Committee was especially interested in proposals on the topics of:
• ADHD across the Lifespan: What’s New in Treatment?
• Early Intervention and Disease Prevention
• Pharmacotherapy and Psychosocial Interventions: Sequences, Combinations, and Targets
• Target Engagement: What Is It and How Can We Measure It?
• Microbiome: The Mind and Gut Connection
• Psychiatric Disorders in Childhood
• Inflammation: A Relevant Mechanism to Understand Psychopathology and Treatments?
• Warring Diagnostic Schema and Implications for Clinical Research
• Protecting the Physical Health of Psychiatric Patients
• Pharmacogenomics: Ready for Prime Time?
2016 Call for Proposals will be sent out in September, 2016.
2015 Submission Categories and Deadlines:
Workshops and Panels Overall (Chair) Proposals: November 21, 2014
Workshops and Panels Individual Presenter Proposals: December 1, 2014
New Investigator Awards February 18, 2015
Posters: February 18, 2015
Individual Research Reports: February 18, 2015
Pharmaceutical Pipeline Presentations: March 18, 2015